Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the services offered by Jfz Resources or (“We”, “Us”, or “Our”), a company incorporated under the laws of Malaysia. These terms set forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of Our Services as contained in https://www.carrentallangkawi.com (“Website“) (collectively with the site, referred to as “Services“).
1. DRIVER’S AGE AND LICENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Renter and additional drivers must be between 20 to 65 years old for normal car category vehicles and 22 to 65 years old for luxury car category vehicles and in possession of a full and valid national or International Driving Licence. Other nationals who hold a valid driving license in English can drive in Malaysia for a maximum of 3 months (subject to country). Probationary license holders will not be accepted.
2. RENTAL PERIOD
The Renter shall rent the vehicle for the rental period stated in the booking confirmation. Carrentallangkawi may agree to extend this rental period at its own discretion. If the renter fails to return the vehicle at the end of the period. carrentallangkawi shall either charge the rental at the contracted rate for the period of time renter has possession of the vehicle or carrentallangkawi resumes possession of the which case the renter shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred by Carrentallangkawi in resuming possession of the vehicle. The Renter shall return the vehicle, together with all tyres, tools, accessories, and equipment to the carrentallangkawi station specified or any location on the enclosed rental agreements (location & date).
2.1 Carrentallangkawi Responsibilities
- Carrentallangkawi shall maintain the vehicle to the manufacturer’s recommended standard. carrentallangkawi undertakes to ensure that the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition and suitable at the beginning of the rental period.
- To ensure the car came with valid insurance coverage
- Provide replacement vehicle in case of accident or breakdown for with similar class that rented from Carrentallangkawi.
2.2 Renter’s Responsibilities
- The Renter shall ensure the vehicle and keys are kept in good condition at all times during the period of the rental.
- The Renter shall ensure the vehicle is kept locked when the vehicle is not in use, and the Renter will incur a charge (which Carrentallangkawi will set from time to time) for lost keys.
- The Renter shall utilize any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. The Renter must ensure that the correct fuel is used for the vehicle.
- The Renter shall be fully responsible for any damage to the exterior part of the vehicle (front, rear, upper, lower sides and undercarriage) caused by hitting any object. This applies irrespective of whether or not the Renter has opted for the super liability reduction option and liability reduction option in accordance with clause.
- The renter shall not sell, rent, remove, replace or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts thereof. The renter shall not grant any person (s) any legal right over the vehicle.
- The Renter shall not carry out any repair or service work on the vehicle without obtaining the written permission of Carrentallangkawi
- The Renter must notify Carrentallangkawi immediately as soon as the Renter is aware of a defect or damage in the vehicle and the Renter is liable for all damage and loss (including theft) caused to the vehicle during the period of the rental.
- Upon the end of the rental period, the Renter shall return the vehicle to the agreed return location, during the operating hours displayed at the rental location and carrentallangkawi’s team shall examine the vehicle to ascertain that the vehicle is in good condition. Where Carrentallangkawi has agreed that the Renter may return the vehicle outside operating hours, or where the Renter has requested collection of the vehicle. The Renter’s liability of damage, theft, parking violations and charges shall extend to midday on the first working day following the collection time (working day is defined according to station operating hours or the time of re-inspection of the vehicle by a member of Carrentallangkawi’s team.
- Damage to the vehicle includes damage and/or loss of glass, tyre rims, vehicle lights, tyre and interior accessories.
- The renter shall pay for repairs is the vehicle requires more than carrentallangkawi standard cleaning, or if the vehicle has been damaged on the interior or exterior (whether or not it is the Renter’s fault).
- The renter shall ensure, on the return of the vehicle that the renter has not left any personal belongings in the vehicle and Carrentallangkawi shall not be responsible for any of the Renter’s personal belongings left in the vehicle
- The renter should ready or prepare necessary card, especially Touch N Go card by their own. carrentallangkawi will not responsible or entertain any issue of claim/refund regarding the card.
Rates are for a minimum of 24 hours of rental. Additional hours will be calculated upon booking at one-fifth of the daily rate per hour up to a maximum of 5 hours upon booking. Rates include unlimited mileage, maintenance, passenger liability protection and insurance cover of third party property damage and third party bodily injuries. Rates are in Ringgit Malaysia. Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
4. TERM OF PAYMENT
4.1 Mode of Payment
Carrentallangkawi accepts credit and debit cards Visa and MasterCard upon online booking. Third party credit cards are not accepted. The credit card presented must be in the name of the authorized renter. Carrentallangkawi reserves the right to refuse its car rental services if this term is not met. Cash transaction is not acceptable.
5. Cancellations Policy and Refund.
- If renter cancel their reservation more than a week before the rental starts, they will get a full refund.
- If renter cancel within 7 to 3 days prior to their rental start, they will get a partial refund of 50% of the rental fee.
- If renter cancel less than 48 hours before the rental starts, they won’t get any refund.
6. EXTENSION OF RENTAL AND PENALTY
- Should the renter wish to extend the rental, appoint any additional drivers, amend pick up or return location, it is compulsory to advise Carrentallangkawi immediately to facilitate the extension of insurance coverage.
- Fail to notify and payment will effect with a penalty.
7. OTHER CHARGES
The renter shall pay the following charges :
- The rental charges and other optional charges at the rates shown on the rental agreement.
- Any charges for loss or damage resulting from non-compliance
- A refueling charge due to insufficient fuel tank upon return (RETURN)
- On demand, all fines and court cost for parking, traffic or other offenses (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped or towed). The Renter must pay the appropriate authority any fines and cost failing which, the Renter shall be responsible to pay Carrrentallangkawi an administration fee of Ringgit Malaysia Twenty (MYR20.00) when carrentallangkawi deals with these matters.
- On demand, the full cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle if it is damaged or stolen (even if it is not the Renter’s fault). The Renter may not have to pay the whole of the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle if the Renter has accepted Carrentallangkawi Liability Reduction Option.
- On demand a loss of income charges. Carrentallangkawi will charge the Renter at the contracted rate if carrentallangkawi is unable to rent out the vehicle on the grounds it needs to be repaired or is a total loss and Carrentallangkawi is waiting to receive full payment of the vehicle’s value. Carrentallangkawi shall not charge the Renter for more than 30 days loss of income. The renter shall also be liable to a charge for any diminution in value of the vehicle on resale as a result of damage to the vehicle during the rental period.
- On damage any charges made by the authorities as a result of a seizure.
- Any rates for delivering and collecting the vehicle which Carrentallangkawi will set from time to time.
- On demand LANGKAWIBOOK costs including legal fees where permitted by law, incurred in collecting payments due from the Renter hereunder.
- Value added tax and all other taxes and levies on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate.
8. CONDITION OF USAGE VEHICLE
- The vehicle shall not be operated by any person(s) who has given to Carrentallangkawi a fictitious name or false age or address.
- The vehicle shall only be driven by person(s) named overleaf, or by anyone Carrentallangkawi authorizes in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have held a valid full current driving license for at least one year.
- Probationary license holders are strictly not permitted to drive Carrentallangkawi vehicle.
- The renters or any authorized driver shall not use the vehicle for hire to rewards, any illegal purpose, vehicle off-road, racing, pace making, test drive, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed, to propel or tow any vehicle or trailer or to teach someone to drive, under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other illegal substances as determined by the authorities.
- Carry a number of passengers and/or baggage which could cause the vehicle to be overloaded or to transport goods in violation of customs regulations or any illegal manner as determined by the authorities.
- Any cause to unpleasant odor (e.g durian, salted fish, perfume, a material used in the practice of religion, etc.)
9. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
Agreement of rental will be terminated upon the occurrence of one of the following events:-
- If the Renter shall fail to cause any punctual payment of rental or any amount due hereunder.
- If the Renter shall fail to observe or perform any condition, term or covenant herein;
- If the Renter suffers any distress or execution to be levied on the Renter’s goods or being a company make arrangement or arrangements with its creditors or enter into liquidation whether compulsory or voluntary or have a receiver appointed or winding-up order or proceedings is levied threatened upon the Renter or any judgment against the Renter shall remain unsatisfied for more than thirty (30) days
10. GOVERNING LAW
This agreement is governed by the laws of Malaysia. Any dispute may be submitted to the jurisdiction of the Malaysia Courts. If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
11. Insurance Policy
Our car hire and drive not provide with full insurance cover. We only provide with excess which for normal small car and sedan car RM3000 excess, normal mpv & suv RM5000, LUXURY Mercedes, Mini, Bmw, vellfire/ alphard excess RM10,000.
Mean if got damage on car during rental period, hirer responsibility to any damage whether intentionally or unintentionally. Hirer need to pay maximum cost depending of damage.